Wednesday, August 5, 2009


"Rebecca"
This is the second of my Limited Edition prints. It is 20" x 28" in size, there will only be 250 printed.
I made this image at Becky Maloney's farm. Norman was busy with lessons, and I was left to my own devices. It was a rainy, cold day, with glimpses of snow off and on.
I loved this piece the moment I created it. This smart little ewe stood there with her eyes shining. Her beautiful, hand-grown, wool sweater was wet, and messy with hay and thistle.
In just one look, I knew she could teach my dog, and I, a thing or two. Her jewelery tells the story of her travels, and her life. If you look closely at her yellow tag, it says Munson 332. As it turns out, she actually belonged to Cheryl Munson, She had come to Becky's farm for lambing.
When Cheryl saw my image, she knew the ewe, "Number 332, I believe she went to Ken & Sandy Johnson's place." It's a small world!
Rebecca, as I fondly named her, is probably teaching their young dogs a thing or two.......

No comments:

Post a Comment